Happy Halloween Cutie! 👻
It’s time for the spookiest night of the year that officially kicks off the holiday season, Halloween, Bonfire Night, and of course Christmas. Our approach to fitness and our nutrition can often become that little bit more relaxed which could lead to over indulging and throwing away all the hard work you have done so far this year.
Scary thought… but everything in moderation Cutie, a few naughty treats won’t harm you. We’re here to help you stay committed to your fitness goals through the next few months and what a better way to do it than through creating something fun yet effective.
We’ve come up with a fun Halloween themed workout and some healthy Halloween treats that you can enjoy guilt free.
Killer Halloween Workout
Try our Killer Halloween Workout at home, it will only take 20 minutes of your night and will make you break a sweat Cutie. Repeat the routine 3 times and you are good to go!
Healthy Halloween Recipes
There is no doubt that during Halloween we want to reach for those sweets and chocolate, our homes and work places are filled with them but how do we curb our sugar cravings when all the temptations are there? We’ve picked out four quick healthy Halloween recipes that you can try out at home for an alternative sweet treat.
Strawberry Ghosts 🍓👻
Simple yet amazing! Melt your favourite chocolate and dip the strawberries in the mixture, decorate the ghostly faces with some chocolate chips and let them set in the fridge for 10 minutes. This has to be one of the quickest snacks that feels like the biggest treat each time and perfect for those spooky movie nights.
Chop a few bananas in half and pop them onto a lollipop stick. You can choose any topping you want for this but we recommend dipping them into melted dark chocolate, yogurt or even melting some peanut butter and drizzling on top.
Jack-O’ Lantern Smoothie 🎃
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Banana
- 1 Mango
- 4 Pineapple Fingers / Slices
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Water
Blend all ingredients together and serve in see through plastic cups. Draw on some pumpkin designs to finish!
Bloody Cups 🍫
These are a real treat Cutie, they are Vegan and Gluten Free and only require three ingredients. They follow the recipe of a standard peanut butter cup but are filled with bloody raspberry sauce instead.
You will need:
- 1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon of either rice, maple or agave syrup
- 250 g of Vegan Chocolate (Block or Chips)
- Cupcake Liners (8)
- Heat the frozen raspberries in a pan on medium heat until soft, mash with a fork to get rid of any bigger chunks and add in your chosen syrup. Once ready set aside.
- Melt 100 g of the Vegan chocolate, to do this boil some water in a pan and place a suitable bowl on top so that the steam melts the chocolate.
- Prepare 8 cupcake liners and add 1 ½ teaspoons of chocolate into each one, tilt them so that the chocolate spreads to the sides. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
- Melt the remaining 150 g of chocolate. Meanwhile add a teaspoon of the raspberry sauce to your set chocolate cupcake liners, once your chocolate has melted pour it over the raspberry filling to cover the top. Place in the fridge until set.
- Once chocolate is hard carefully remove the cupcake liners and enjoy!
We hope you all have an amazing Halloween and if you try out any of the recipes we would love to see your creations, tag our socials @CuteNutrition !
Remember Cutie, you can get 20% off your purchase this Halloween with the code: SPOOKY20